James Hardiman of Data Collective joins Nick to discuss The Deep Tech Debate: Why Invest in a Capital Intensive, Long Time-to-Exit Category?. In this episode, we cover:
- James' definition of deep tech
- The segments within the category
- How this area differs from others
- Types of founders and founder profiles that he looks for
- Why he's willing to invest in a capital intensive, long-time horizon category
- Why deep tech will drive the biggest outcomes
- How founders are able to de-risk deep tech opportunities where many others don't
- The waves that are coming in deep tech
- and finally how some consumer, social companies became deep tech companies by accident.
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/
for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter for updates and more information.
Direct download: FR158_Hardiman.mp3
-- posted at: 11:44pm EDT