Alex Osterwalder of Strategyzer joins Nick to discuss The Ultimate Testing Framework. In this episode, we cover:
- Take me back and talk through the origin of the business model canvas?
- Just to refresh listeners can you provide a high-level overview of the business model canvas and how it's used?
- Let's chat about your new book, Testing Business Ideas, co-authored with David J. Bland... Why'd you right the book?
- Who is the target audience?
- If I'm the reader, what outcome can I achieve after reading this book and applying it's principles?
- What are the four phases outlined in the book?
- Walk us through the objective and key elements of the testing phase.
- A significant focus is the elimination of risks? How does one systematically reduce or remove risks from their business?
- We recently had Leo Polovets on the program and discussed the challenge of balancing testing with executing. I think it can be difficult to know when something is working well enough that you should stop testing and move forward quickly in that direction. What's your guidance here?
- How does one avoid getting too caught up in rigid frameworks and checking boxes vs. finding that key insight that warrants 90+% of their attention?
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/ for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter @TheFullRatchet for updates and more information.