The Trend Spotter joins us today on the program. Tim O'Reilly is one of the top minds in tech, who has predicted and/or driven many of the movements that now seem so obvious to us. In today's episode we discuss:
- Tim's path to becoming an investor
- How he linked up w/ Bryce Roberts and launched O'Reilly Alphatech
- The shift in their model w/ Indie VC
- We talk about Tim's focus on profitability and his counter to those that cite some of the biggest and best tech companies that are not profitable
- We discuss Tim's new book WTF: What the future and why it's up to us
- Tim outlines the way he thinks about business model maps
- He explains his thought process of identifying technology shifts before they happen
- We discuss fear and it's role in shaping consumer mindset
- Tim references the historical lessons most overlooked by today's society
- and we wrap up w/ a conversation on ICOs and cryptocurrencies and get Tim's opinion on their role in the future of tech
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/
for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter for updates and more information.
Direct download: FR155_OReilly.mp3
-- posted at: 10:00am EST