M.G. Siegler of GV joins Nick to discuss Streaming Wars, The Future of Mobile & The Evolution of User Interaction. In this episode, we cover:
- Backstory/path to Venture
- How'd you find your way from Hollywood to SV?
- Who was the first VC that, based on your writing talent, saw your potential as an investor?
- Why did you leave Crunchfund for GV?
- A little confusion about the array of venture funds affiliated with Google - can you give us a quick overview and whether there is still an affiliation between Google and GV?
- Tell us about your thesis.
- How hands-on do you get w/ portcos?
- How does Jony Ive's departure affect Apple?
- What are the most valuable consumer tech companies by market cap - five years from now?
- Right now, in the streaming market, we have a fragmented group of services yet know one platform to unify the user experience... what do you see for the future of streaming?
- How do you see the competition between Apple and Disney play out? Who wins?
- Just heard the announcement that Facebook is acquiring CTRL - Labs. Why do you think this is a good strategic buy for FB? removing monotony.... repetitive tasks.... mental fatigue.... Impact of constant stimulation, content consumption, on happiness, creativity, etc.?
- You’ve invested in some big names such as Medium, Slack and Stripe to name a few. What's the single biggest common success factor that you've observed across very different companies?
- What are some of the major trends we will see in mobile in the coming year and what do you think will phase out?
- Who is your favorite writer in the space?
- If you ever get around to writing your screenplay, what will you write about?
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/ for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter @TheFullRatchet for updates and more information.