Semil Shah of Haystack joins Nick on a special Crisis Coverage installment to discuss VC Fund Management in a Pandemic World. In this episode, we cover:
- Last time we had you on was Nov. 2017... quick update on you and Haystack since then?
- LP interaction - are capital call defaults a serious issue to consider in this environment?
- How do you think investment dollar volume adjusts in 2020 vs. '19?
- I know you've had a lot of calls w/ friends and mentors lately... what are you hearing from the veteran investors right now?
- What feedback or insights have surprised you?
- What actions have you taken since the crisis hit to adjust your own strategy?
- How do you see the value of face-to-face interaction playing out in the VC-Founder interaction during pitches moving forward?
- How are you prioritizing reserves when triaging?
- In the case of a fund running low on dry powder right now, what are your thoughts on reopening a fund?
- In what cases should an early stage company change their business model to address the changing environment?
- What are your thoughts on GTM, or changes in GTM, in this environment?
- I saw that you guys are Crowdsourcing a list of startups who have changed their business model to help fight covid-19. What have been the most interesting so far?
- Over/under on duration?
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/ for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter @TheFullRatchet for updates and more information.