Grace Isford of Canvas Ventures joins Nick on a special Crisis Coverage installment to discuss How Companies Can Maintain Growth Post-COVID. In this episode, we cover:
- You're an extroverted, people-person... how you holding up w/ the quarantine?
- Quick overview of your background and path to VC?
- Your focus (and thesis) at Canvas?
- You developed a 30 page GTM Playbook based on interviews w/ 10+ CROs/VPs of Sales across major B2B companies. First of all, is this publicly available and also what were some takeaways that really stood out?
- There's a segment of VCs that believe that one must be an operator to be a good VC... what's your stance?
- Examples of successful non-operators?
- You completed a comprehensive analysis of the portfolios of over 200 venture firms, looked at 100 successful GPs, and winning, U.S.-based investments w/ a valuation greater than $500M... what were your key takeaways?
- A bit about signaling... Many in the industry and those observing determine the value of a startup based on whether a brand name venture firm is in the deal... "If Sequoia is in the deal, startup must be great"... what are your thoughts on this common perception?
- What does your weekly routine look like and how have you prioritized the various demands of the job?
- What have you found to be most challenging in your career as a VC?
- What advice do you have for young folks trying to make an impact as an investor or board observer?
- You wrote a great piece that analyzed three areas where VCs could invest to address the societal challenges of COVID-19.
- Can you walk us through each of these and why the opportunity here is greater?
- What do you think the future holds for venture & entrepreneurship in a post-COVID world?
- The old playbook for winning deals is gone... Any idea on how one might win a deal virtually?
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/ for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter @TheFullRatchet for updates and more information.