On this special replay episode, John Vrionis joins Nick to discuss the DNA of Startup Success, including:
- What’s unusual about what you do?
- “How it works” vs. “Why it matters” — what’s the disconnect you’ve observed with early-stage founders?
- Arrogance vs. Humility — have you invested in founders displaying these traits? What’s been your experience?
- 3 must-haves that you look for in a new investment?
- If there’s one common theme in failed investments — what is it?
- Is there anything unusual about your approach to sourcing? If so, what is it?
- What are some best practices for founders when picking a VC?
Over the past year or so the percentage of total VC dollars invested in early-stage deals fell to the lowest levels the industry has seen in five years. Why do you think this is the case?
- Do you focus on product-market-fit prior to the A round — if so, how do you define it?
What’s the problem with Sovereign Wealth in Silicon Valley?
- “The biggest mistake you can make is taking an investment from a mega-fund” Why?
- How has the early-stage venture landscape shifted from previous years? What do you expect to see in the future?
Missed a recent episode? Go to The Full Ratchet blog and catch up!