Joe Medved of Lerer Hippeau joins Nick to discuss The 'Softbank Effect', Financial Discipline and the Interworkings of a Top Seed Investment Firm. In this episode, we cover:
- The focus at Lerer Hippeau
- The adoption and integration of the Binary Capital Portfolio
- Why they dropped ventures from the name
- Joe's take on the "Softbank Effect" and the challenges and opportunities created by it.
- how founders should think about raise amount and valuations
- The effect of late-stage capital on early stage investors
- The capital strategy mistakes that lead to startup death
- Joe's take on early-stage investors taking early exits when they are offered liquidity.
- The strategy for their sixth, $150 million fund
- How Joe's team approaches sourcing, vetting, diligence
- LH's focus on outbound vs. inbound
- Joe mentions a key analysis item that is often overlooked by many investors
- Lerer Hippeau's portfolio management process: How often they interact and what activities they engage in.
- The impact of raise amount on outcomes
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/
for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter for updates and more information.