Elizabeth Galbut of SoGal Ventures joins Nick to discuss Better Diversity, Better Outcomes. In this episode, we cover:
- Her involvement in creating the first VC investment group at Johns Hopkins
- What the focus is at SoGal and why that creates their edge
- How she and her partner divide responsibilities
- How the establishment has reacted to her and her firm
- We talk about her experience as a design professor and how that impacts her approach
- she gives an example of a design-centric investment
- she discusses her thinking when evaluating an early stage business
- we review their dealflow and sourcing strategy
- and we wrap up w/ Elizabeth's advice for a younger version of herself if she had the opportunity to give it
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/
for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter for updates and more information.