Oren Klaff of Intersection Capital joins Nick to discuss Flip The Script & Perfect Your Pitch. In this episode, we cover:
- Backstory/path to finance
- What led to the founding of Intersection?
- What's your mandate and focus at Intersection? Tell us about the Velocity product.
- Your bestselling book Pitch Anything, provides a detailed methodology on effectively presenting, persuading and winning a deal during the pitch. Can you go over some key takeaways from the book for listeners?
- In the book you talk about the "S.T.R.O.N.G Method.” Can you briefly summarize the most important components of this approach and give some examples on how it works?
- Your newest book "Flip the Script: Getting People to Think your Idea is Their Idea" is about to launch on August 13th.. why'd you write the book?
- I liked the title of your first chapter... Inception. Many will remember the blockbuster movie. What's the "We are evolved distrust information from the outside world"... how does this impact the approach?
- Is there a framework of structure that folks should follow to successfully flip the script?
- What's the biggest mistake folks make when trying to sell?
- Whats' the most practical, simple, pragmatic advice you can give... let's say a founder trying to raise venture capital... that they can take away from this convo and implement immediately.
- Do you have a set of questions and structure for every sales discussion going in or do understand the concepts and then treat every conversation organically? Any tips on getting the meetings w/ prospects?
- Let's say someone has optimized their close rate... do you have tips on securing more qualified meetings?
- If you write another book... what topic is next?
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/ for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter @TheFullRatchet for updates and more information.