On this special replay episode, Joanne Wilson joins Nick to discuss predatory investor practices and the dark side of venture, including:
- On the founder-side, What are some of the activities you’ve seen from early-stage investors, that are predatory toward founders?
- What are some of the major differences between investor practices of the mid-90’s and today?
- What actionable measures would you recommend founders take in order to help prevent getting taken advantage of?
- Moving to the investor-side. What are some of the things that later-stage VCs will do to eliminate or water-out an angel’s equity position?
- What can early-stage angels do to prevent this from happening?
- How has your approach evolved throughout your investing history to position you and your portfolio companies for success?
- Generally, what is your take on the gender balance in venture, how has it changed and what specific things are you involved in to help promote the role of women?
Missed a recent episode? Go to The Full Ratchet blog and catch up! Also, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.